“A bored audience will never take action. The opposite of boredom is not entertainment—it is engagement. Let me show you how to engage your audience so your content will make a difference!” -D. Otey
David Otey gets it. He has been where you are. He knows how hard it is to connect with an audience and hold their attention when the content gets technical. The problem isn’t you! The problem is the way the human brain works when taking in novel information. The solution, therefore, is to take advantage of what we now know about brain chemistry to make a connection with the audience. Only then can real information transfer take place.
A former broadcast engineer turned speaker, author, and coach, David is perfectly qualified to guide technical presenters through a process of putting Connection before Content and Empathy before Evidence TM. By learning and using this process, you will grow more confident as a speaker. You will position yourself for greater success. You will be memorable!
What you can expect to gain from working with David:
- A better understanding of the obstacles that get in the way of effective communication
- A proven process for overcoming those obstacles
- Replacing dread with enthusiasm when presentation time rolls around
How you can work with David:
- One-to-one in a coaching relationship
- One-to-many in a workshop environment
- Having David speak* to your association, agency, or company
*Note, David’s presentations are not simply soon-forgotten lectures. They are interactive events from which your audience will walk away with new tools they have already practiced using.